august in spain:
Dates: July 29 - August 24, 2017
PRice: $3,193 hosting in July: $2,993
The objective of the "August in Spain" program is authentic tourism. Living with a host family for 3 1/2 weeks enables students to experience culture and language in a way normal tourism just doesn't allow. After hosting in July (opcional), it is your daughter or son's turn to be the foreign exchange student, travelling with our group and their host sibling, they will be picked up at the airport by their host family. (Note: It is not a requirement to be a student of Spanish, but if they are, they will certainly be able to take advantage of the linguistic immersion and practice their speaking.) All host families are carefully selected as we use both the profile of the student and the family to make a match. There is only one student per family. The host family treats the student as a member of the family including them in in their daily lives. The last four days students will ride a high speed train to Madrid, visit monuments like: the Royal Palace, Alumdena Cathedral, Prado Museum, Retiro Park, and take a day trip to Ávila and Segovia.
The PROGRAM INCLUdEs:
- Flights from Chicago-Madrid-Asturias
- Comprehensive Travel/Medical/Cancellation Insurance
- Homestay in a host family chosen specifically for that student.
- One student per family
- Orientation and Materials (backpack, documentation, etc.)
- American and Spanish teachers and host family coordinators do weekly check-ins with both students and host families and are on call 24/7 both in WI and in Spain.
- Trip to Madrid, Ávila, and Segovia the last 4 days.